Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have a sad announcement. For my first story, I wanted to publish "Windex Poindexter". To my dismay, and I am sure yours as well, I cannot find it. I wrote it a couple of years ago, and now the story has simply vanished from the memory of my computer. It would have made you laugh and cry. It would have overwhelmed you with joy and excitement. And now my friends, and now, I will forever be searching for the story of my life. Someday, I will find it, and I promise that you will be the first person to read it. So, now, I am done with my rant on being unable to find my favorite story that I have ever written. My only problem now is to decide what my first story on this blog should be. Should I write something new? Should I continue sifting through my literary past? Maybe my first story will be The First Female Knight. I wrote it in the fifth grade. Again, it is a thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I am waiting for your stories to give me inspiration! Until our next meeting, farewell!
2 comments:
It is truly a sad day. I have yet to read a story from you my dear friend. I know that feeling- to put so much work and effort into something you are passionate about-then lose it. I hope that the day will come and after a long and adventurous treasure hunt, you will be able to find that story of yours. Until then, I guess I should look forward to kicks and giggles reading from your fifth grade mind. I'm sure that 11 year old head had much to write and say as much as your 22 year old self has today. Loves.
Hello Amanda,
Sad to hear about your loss. And yes I remember the "Knight"story. I also remember your poems, and how easy it was for you to write them. So, maybe your lost story can be a poem, if you have time, to give us an idea of what's to come.
Love Mom
Post a Comment