Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Little Indiana Magic



So, as you can see, I am severely behind on my blogging. So, here is my first attempt to catch up. A couple of weeks ago I had the supreme pleasure of visiting one of my best friends Megan Brown. She lives in Indiana with her coal miner husband and two daughters. Her life is beautiful. Her daughter Reece is almost three years old and could power an entire continent with her energy. I love her! She is so cute. She is also obsessed with Lady GaGa (a trait that she's gets from her momma). I think her favorite song is "Poker Face." Megan's other little girl was just born 4 months ago. Her name is Lily Jen and she is the calmest child that I have ever met. She doesn't cry. If she really wants your attention she might make a cooing noise, but that is about it. She is absolutely beautiful. She is also going through a spurting vomit stage. I went through three outfits in two days. That shows how much I love her... because I do not handle vomit well, and I kept coming back for more.


One of my favorite times of day with the girls is at bed time. Megan and Aaron wrote a lullaby for their daughters, and it is the sweetest song that you will ever hear. Aaron plays the melody on the guitar (he is extremely talented!) while Megan sings the song. It is the kind of song that gets stuck in your head...and you want to sing it to your children too. While I was in Indiana, Megan and I, and the girls, visited Megan's mom. She is the most doting grandparent that I have ever met. I would love to be her grandchild. Lots of love and lots of presents! We also visited a Mennonite store where everything was at least 75% off. Be still my beating heart! I had a great time with Megan and her girls.

Megan is the kind of girl that brings life to the world. When she laughs you can't help but laugh with her. She will always make you feel better about yourself, and help you see the good that lies within. She is also addicted to energy drinks; so, she has an abundance of energy...which she needs to chase after Reece. Overall, Megan is the kind of woman that you want in your life, and I am glad that she is in mine.


p.s. Megan, I need you to do my nails again. 'Cause girl you got skills! Oh, and next time we are together, remind me to use my camera. I really don't have any pictures of our trip!

1 comment:

Christopher & Melissa said...

I love love love this post! And, Amanda, I love you! I miss our crazy college days. We need a girls weekend, huh? I hope all is going swell with you!