Friday, July 5, 2013

The 4th!

Alright ladies and gentlemen, I thought that I would document how the Cotters spent Independence Day. On the Saturday before the 4th, Tim and I went to Driggs, Idaho with some friends. (Sorry, I do not have any pictures from this glorious night.) We had a blast. 25, 000 people came out to the fair in Driggs. The Beach Boys, or what is left of them, put on a great show. They didn't really talk in between songs. There set was stream lined. Tim and I loved it. Then, let me tell you about the fire works. AMAZING. I am not going to lie, they were probably the best fireworks that I have ever seen.  They had everything set up-close and personal. Then during the fire works, Lee Greenwood, the guy who sings God Bless the U.S.A. (I'm Proud to be an American) cam out and sang the song live. It was FANTASTIC! I am incredibly thankful for all the service men and women out there that have or are protecting our freedoms. We all owe them a great deal. 


Then, on the 4th of July, Audrey Eberle (my sister in law), her two roommates (Angela and Heather), and Kiley Murphy came over for some good food and games. Yes, Tim was the lone male amongst five women. He is a trooper. 



We had a great time. We had watermelon, veggies and dip, pasta salad, potato salad, bbq chicken and steak, chips, lemonade, buffalo chicken dip, and chocolate cake and ice cream. The buff chick and chocolate cake were made by the lovely Audrey. She has some pure skills my friends.....SO GOOD.  Anyway, we ate, had some good conversation and laughs, and then we played Sneaky Peeky and Phase 10 Clark style. It was awesome. We were all so tired, we almost didn't make it. The games were fun. Angela won Sneaky, and Tim won Phase 10. You think that I would be a boss at that game by now, but alas, someday I will school people. Anyway, we did not finish the night with fire works (because Driggs was so good and we didn't want to deal with traffic.), but we ended it with some good laughs with family and friends. God bless the U.S.A.






This is the chocolate cake that Audrey made...yes, we ate OVER half of it.
This is the buffalo chick dip that Audrey made. It is finger lickin' good.

No comments: