Okay,
Busy item #1: which I absolutely adore!
To begin, I am not married, nor do I have children. And yet, I do believe that I have a little over 60 daughters and 12 sons. That's right 60 daughters...that includes my own little sister. In church, I am in the stake young women's presidency, and I am loving every moment of it. Every week I am in a new place and talking with BEAUTIFUL POWERFUL daughters of God! Don't forget that phrase. It is kind of my mantra. It is what I want every young women to know. I want them to learn who they are and where they come from. If you know that, you CAN do anything. Literally, You have a Father in Heaven, and He will be there for you. You ARE of worth. You have an infinite potential to do amazing things. It's true. Pray about it, and you will be on my side.
It is kind of funny, if I am having a bad day, and I ask Linda what is this, what am I doing? She will respond, "Don't worry about it. You are a beautiful, powerful daughter of God." Doesn't that make you feel good? Truth will always penetrate through the dust and grit of life.
Anyway, back to my beautiful daughters. I love working with them. They make me laugh...and cry to think about it. And one of the major things that we do in young womens is GO TO GIRLS CAMP! Say what, say what!? That's right girls camp rocks. I am a strong believer that unity = strength, and girls camp does this. I have been traveling around and working with the young women: tying cravats, square knots, working with water and fire, basically preparing and getting the girls pumped for camp. But my favorite part of these nights of bliss, is getting to hear the girls most embarrassing moments. We sit in a circle, and we share our most humiliating moments. I truly believe that stories like these bond people. There will always be someone else who trips on a banana peel, has their skirt go above their head, pulls underwear out of their pocket at a bad time, or has someone see something that they weren't supposed to. These moments of laughter bond us. Trust me, I am highly, highly accident prone, and I greatly appreciate learning that I am not the only one. Women rock! And I am SO excited to be planning for girls camp. I hope that the girls will come closer to their Heavenly father and each other...and learn a couple of life saving skills in the process. Don't worry, there will probably be a plethora of blogs on girls camp...and my young daughters. Cause I love 'em! and if you are reading this, I LOVE YOU TOO!
p.s.
I will tell you about my sons at a later date.
No comments:
Post a Comment