Hello reader, how are you today? I wanted to tell you that I received my first plant a few days ago. I was innocently sitting in a faculty meeting, watching other people receive awards and say their goodbyes, when someone called my name. Yep, they gave me a plant to say thank you for being a long-term sub this year. It is a lusciously green plant that I am proud to call mine. I am now taking votes for what I should name the plant.
It is my goal to keep it alive. I have never in my life kept anything leafy alive...that was mine anyway. I am very responsible when taking care of other peoples plants, just not my own.
My maternity leave sub gig is officially over. I don't know what I am going to do with myself now. I really enjoyed being THE teacher, and not " just the sub." This job re-instilled in me that I really do love teaching. I have been thinking about changing my vocation because I can't seem to find a permanent job. I just don't know what other job to pursue. The life of limbo is a tough one my friends.
But moving on, I now have a nameless plant to take care of, and to remind me that teaching is a worthwhile job.
No comments:
Post a Comment